Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lan's #6: The Social (Orlando, FL)

mofro

The Social

54 North Orange Ave
Orlando, FL 32801
(407) 246-1599

I challenged Joel to come up with something fun to do in Orlando while we were down here (once again) for work and he came through. Nice work!

After dinner at Emeril's, we headed to downtown Orlando to see MoFro play at the Social. Our cab ride was quite the adventure...lots of swerving, wrong turns, windshield wipers turning on by accident, and some fumbles...but we made it in one piece.

One thing I didn't know: they still allow smoking indoors in Florida. Figures. Yuck. Standing next to me was a very fat man with a baby backpack. No kidding. In front of me was a guy who was REALLY feeling the music. Pantomiming. Happy Hands. I laughed so hard I was crying. Oh, and the band was good too. I'm a big fan of horns.

1.5 Newcastles...my capacity was limited this evening. I was fighting a cold and hadn't eaten much the day before. Oh, and I actually have a picture from this venue...just gotta wait for it to make it over the wires.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home