Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lan's #3&4: Nevin's Pub, the Keg (Evanston, IL)

I landed in Evanston on Thursday, Feb 14 for the start of Day at Kellogg (Kellogg's welcome weekend for new admits). However, lovely American Airlines did not have my luggage so I was left without a warm jacket. Luckily, it was a "warm" night at 45F and my cab buddy (a classmate) lent me his jacket for the night. I looked pretty ridiculous wearing a North Face jacket that reached my knees...

American Airlines delivered my luggage in the middle of the night...just in time for me to get changed before the real stuff began on Friday morning (and the REAL cold hit--10F).

Tommy Nevin's Pub and Restaurant
1450 Sherman Ave
(between Grove St & Lake St)
Evanston, IL 60201
(847) 869-0450

This place is pretty big, with a million beers on tap. Had a 312 on tap followed by a Newcastle. Talked to A LOT of my new/potential classmates before calling it a night. Don't need to make my first impression be that of a drunken fool. We'll save that one for later.

My understanding is that this will be regular spot for me as a Kellogg student. Luckily, the apartment I'm renting is within stumbling distance.

Keg of Evanston
810 Grove St
(at Sherman Ave)
Evanston, IL 60201
(847) 869-9987


After our small group dinners on Friday night (we had some really really small sandwiches at the Celtic Knot), we headed here to once again socialize with our future/potential classmates. There was flip cup in the back and a few all-Kellogg bands playing. However, we stuck to the bar since the boys ordered some cheesy foods to supplement our measly dinners. A few more Newcastles (following some Sam Adams at school, and wine at dinner) and I was at capacity. I knew it was time to go when someone kept dropping really really stinky farts in our vicinity.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home