Friday, February 01, 2008

Assgass #41 &42: Weiland Brewery, 2nd Street Jazz

Friday night in Little Tokyo



Weiland Brewery
400 E 1st Street
Los Angeles 90012
213-680-2881


Made a stop here for a quick drink before the main event of the night (karaoke, which unfortunately won't be part of the blog). Resembles any other brewery restaurant, like Gordon Biersch, Rock Bottom, etc. The plus is Fat Tire and some house brews on tap, which made me really gassy and bloated sitting on top of the burrito I ate much too quickly. Food looked pretty good.

2nd Street Jazz
366 E. 2nd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
213-680-0047

I was ready to head home for my early morning the next day, but with only 1 bar down this night, and walking past a place with "Jazz" in its name, we wandered in. No jazz this night, but we happened upon a pretty awesome dj beat battle. I miss hip-hop. Definitely grateful to have wandered in on this event that reminded me that hip-hop is home. The bar itself was eh. They were out of Jack and Makers. I thought I ordered 7&7 but the bartender must've thought I ordered a $9 cup of ice with a splash of 7up.

Ok bars, but Good night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home