Friday, February 08, 2008

2008 Rule Change

Since I'm traveling so much in 2008 (and its just me & Joyce anyway) the rules are changing. All bars around the world count for your fifty.

Also, some cross-pollination from another side project dreamt up by Ed & Jamie: Beer & Cheese Its not fully set up yet, but its there. Jamie has yet to come up with the rules, so stay tuned.

Further, I'm booting you non-posters (you know who you are).

Finally, I didn't keep track of any of the bars I went to in New York back in December. However, I do remember one called Bikini Bar somewhere in the West 30s near MSG. Sara & I were a bit wary, but the boys convinced us to go in. Upon entrance, all the men at the bar cast their eyes down in shame. All of the bikini-clad barmaids were from Russia. I wonder if there is private service upstairs? Are they slaves? indentured servants?

We stayed there for a beer and some potato chips (on the house) and then made our way on to the next bar...an Irish one with a jack russell terrier running around. The rest of the night is a blur but we ended up at my cousin's restaurant in the East Village drinking champagne with the executive chef (her man) and then eating street meat around 4am. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home