Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lan's #5: MaxBar (Chicago, IL)

Deno's Bikini Bar, NYC

The picture above is actually one from Deno's Bikini Bar in NYC which Jason found on his cell phone. Why I'm making that face, I'm not sure. What's important are the bikini clad Eastern European barmaids behind me.

MaxBar
2247 North Lincoln Avenue
between Belden Ave & Geneva Ter)
Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 549-5884

After the closing ceremonies for Day at Kellogg (at Millennium Park), we were shuttled on yellow schoolbuses over to MaxBar. First, we had to go into an alley to drop off our coats, and then we went into a space that was pretty well-designed. Two stories, two bars, a dance floor, and some private booths. The DJ was AWFUL. He never played any one song for more than twenty seconds so as soon as you get your groove...the beat changes. Of course, folks with no rhythm aren't bothered by this...so there were still plenty of people dancing.

I'd already had too many glasses of wine at the reception, but with a $30 credit card minimum, J matched me shot for shot (he drank whiskey and I had Snow Queen vodka). There's also a front room that kind of resembles a sports bar (I think) that had much better music, so we stayed there for a while. Decided to take the midnight bus home...wasn't feeling the place. I probably would never go back except for a private function.


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger JSTBOOK said...

last Friday I am getting injured causes of pub accident due to slipping up because of a greasy or wet slippery floor. according to medical reports rapid movement damage to the neck and upper body. I want to file Pub accidents claim for compensation. I don't know how? What should I have to do.

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home