Thursday, March 01, 2007

Joyce's #5 & 6: Library Alehouse, Arsenal

2/10/07

Library Alehouse
2911 Main St.
Santa Monica, CA

I walked in and immediately thought, dewey decimal system. Yes, this establishment is appropriately named. Looks like some taps were added to the checkout counter of an early 20th century library set. Cozy atmosphere with all wood decor, even has the book ladder leading nowhere. Nice selection of beers on tap (not as many as Yardhouse, but a fine selection nonetheless), and! an impressively tasty menu. Had a goat cheese quesadilla that was absoultely yummy, and my sample bites of my companions' entrees and snacks all proved to be equally delicious. My beer was quite tasty as well, though I forgot what it was now. some darker brown ale. it's a popular one that they serve there. The beer alone is worth it. The food alone is worth it. A garden patio out back is nicely unexpected. Aces. Thumbs up on this one


Arsenal
12012 W Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA

A bar on the Santa Monica/West LA border, I've heard this placed mentioned by quite a few locals. We ended up here after driving by Air Conditioned on Lincoln, and realizing it (Air Conditioned) was more clubby than we were expecting, at least on Saturday night. Aresenal's nothing special, nothing to complain about-three rooms including a main room with dance floor, a side room room with tables and a second bar, an enclosed smoking patio, and of course a variety of weaponry decorating the wallls. Of course. Danceable music, standard drinks, some specials, had a $3 fruity shot-tasty, but as far as alcohol, may as well have shot watermelon juice, hey $3. Wouldn't go out of my way to go here, but nice to know I can always end up here if nowhere else to go and I don't want to go far from home.

Now that I'm caught up on my blogging, I need to catch up on my bar visiting.

I need to remember to bring my own camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home