Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Joyce's #1: Liquid Kitty



Liquid Kitty
11780 W. Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
www.thekitty.con

A great bar to kick off my 50 in 365! A visiting friend from out of town brought me out on a Tuesday night, and I chose this meeting spot having heard good things from a number of folks from a variety of social crowds. (Plus it's nice and close to my apartment:) There's no sign that says "Liquid Kitty" out front, just a green flashing neon martini glass (across the street from a green flashing neon sombrero).
It's a small, cozy bar, with a classic feel, very dark, and great for having a casual drink or to get completely plastered. Looks pretty clean too, at least in the dark lighting. Seating around the perimeter of the bar, some open space and a small dance floor make it easy to sit and chat, stand and chat, or dance and chat. Or just sit. stand. or dance. or drink of course! Noise level and atmosphere are just right, and the dj played some awesome rare soul and funk grooves. (I'm on a mission to find "Professor and Technology Experts".)
I went for a girly drink on my first round, one of their drink specials-the Harold and Maude, made of Banana Rum liquour and S&S Pineapple (whatever that is). Looked nice, tasted great, and packed a decent punch for a girly drink. hmm, still in Hawaii mode. I had a sip of their top rated martini, but I don't know anything about martinis so can't really say anything worthwhile about that. Thumbs up for my regular jack and coke, on the strong side, and still tasting good. All in all, I can see why folks love this place.
Thanks to Sorah and Phil, whom we met outside the bar, took our pics (we only had a camera phone) and invited us to the next stop on my 50in365-Airconditioned. Looking forward to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home