Monday, January 22, 2007

Lan's #8: The Page

The Page

The Page
298 Divisadero Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
(415) 255-6101

After unsuccessfully trying to get into the Madrone Lounge (they wanted to charge a $5 cover!), we walked up Divisadero a bit more to find The Page, a very casual neighborhood bar. We walked in an immediately found two seats at the bar. J ordered a Famous Grouse (I have no idea why, as that whiskey tastes like ass) and I had a Chimay. This is definitely a local watering hole with two pool tables in the back.

The bar was pretty crowded, but then again, it was a Friday night. As I made my way to the bathroom, I encountered a few patches of musk not unsimilar to what you would smell in a high school locker room. These scents prompted me to look around, which led me to realize that this bar has an inordinately high ratio of males to females. Because of this, there was no line for the bathroom!

Upon my return, we had our drinks, observed the people around us, and watched sports highlights on one of the two TVs behind the bar. If I lived in this neighborhood, you’d probably find me at this bar…at least they serve liquor!

p.s. Joyce is joining us!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home