Thursday, January 18, 2007

Lan's #6: Mojito

@ Mojito, North Beach

Mojito
1337 Grant Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94133
(415) 398-1120

I guess I was feeling pretty good at this point, since it was my 4th bar of the evening. I mistakenly told Donald, the friendly bartender, that he was #11 in my quest for 50 (which he proudly reminded me of throughout the course of our stay), but this morning, I realized that I was a number off. In retrospect, I should have ordered the restaurant's namesake, the mojito. Instead, I ordered a cava, patatas bravas, and 2 tacos (1 pork, 1 shrimp). The cava was served in a shallow glass, which I feel resulted in less drink for me. The tacos were good enough, as I was hungry, but I can't really judge given that I'd imbibed far more than I'd ingested at that point. The corn tortillas were nice and crispy and it was served with a wedge of avocado. I also got a bonus pollo taco, which I gave to Rog. I didn't hear any complaints from him.

@ Mojito, North Beach
The crew at Mojito was almost completely different than the crew we began with. 4 people went home, and 4 new ones arrived (early & late shift?). The only common threads between where we started and where we ended up were me, Angelina, and MinhCao. The bill for food & drink came out to roughly $60 for 7 people...not bad.
For a Wednesday night, there were plenty of people at the bar and a few tables were occupied. Kitchen closes at 10pm.
12 down, 38 to go.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home