Friday, January 19, 2007

Angelina's #3: 15 Romolo

I really enjoyed 15 Romolo. Again, we were the only ones in there. We crossed the street from Impala, and headed up the mini alley. 15 Romolo is located in the hotel and consists of a few booths and the L-shaped bar. The juke box with the selection lan loves was in the corner...with some free credits courtesy of the bartender. You can also rent this place for the evening. The single bathrooms didn't bother me, like they lan.

We opted for the bar and got to ordering drinks. The bartender, Benito (ele e paulista), made me a mighty fine margarita. High quality tequila, perfect mix and very tasty. Minh's martini (made with gin, of course) was also very very well made. The selection of draught beers wasn't too shabby either, all served in the correct glasses.

I think what made this bar so likeable was Benito, the bartender. He hooked me up with some extra margarita as he made one for himself. Then, I tried a mai tai, but don't really dig those. So, he took it back and dusted off some scotch off the top shelf and poured me a nice glass of that. Needless to say, after eating only chips at Impala, I was a bit more tipsy than I had intended for a Wednesday night.

Off to the last bar of the night....with food, please!

** Benito's other bar suggestions: Rye, Ambassador & he works at Rosewood & Gravity (mondays).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home