Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lan's #17: White Horse Tavern

White Horse Tavern

White Horse Tavern
635 Sutter St
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 673-9900

I was going to meet J at Cantina, but when I walked in, I realized I'd already been here last year (a review of this blog shows that the bar was called Lucid at this time last year. The decor hasn't changed). So, I walked up Sutter and happened upon the White Horse Tavern & Restaurant.

In Berkeley/Oakland, there's a gay bar by the same name on Telegraph. Here in SF, it is just a pub with a restaurant in the back. There seem to be a lot of tourists in this bar, which makes sense considering its proximity to Union Square hotels. In fact, while I was waiting for J to arrive (sipping Jameson and reading Camus--how obnoxious), a tour bus stopped in front of the tavern and dropped off a whole bunch of seniors. Most went to their respective hotels but some trickled in.

An old man with hairy ears stuck his hand into the bowl of pretzels/peanuts in front of me. He threw some of the pretzels back. EEEW. Good thing I wasn't eating those. Bartender was quite friendly, too.

Went to the subterranean sushi place for some uni and sake and called it a night.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home