Thursday, January 24, 2008

Assgass #34-36: Barbara's, Footsie's, Le Blanc



Barhopping in (North) East LA

Barbara's/ Barber's??
by Corazon's house in the bushes
Los Angeles, CA

A hidden bar near the warehouses/artist lofts, or chop shops. Gotta go behind the bushes to find stairs that lead to this hidden watering hole. Once inside, I decided the surrounding warehouse buildings were more likely artist lofts than chop shops. I think there's a restaurant attached. Dead that night, but the bartenders were entertaining. Inexpensive drinks.


Footsie's
2640 N Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90065

Corazon and Natilie were surprised to find their neighborhood bar packed and thumping. I was dizzified by the strobe light that I insisted on staring into. CHEAP drinks. $24 for a round of 5 drinks! Macha said, "You bought me a drink and I feel like YOU owe ME money." That itself is worth going for. Danceable music though too thumpy for my particular mood that night. Pool table and $1 PBR. Macha and Natilie wanted to stay, but I'm on a mission! On we go-



Le Blanc
2834 N Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90031
323-222-5705

If you look this place up on Citysearch, it lists "automotive, window tinting" as the type of business. Perhaps a bar that's open at 8am provides dual function. Greeted with, "buenas noches," and an, "hola mami," we were the sole non-latino patrons of this Latin bar with a French name. With the age range in here, it could've easily been a Mexican wedding reception; Older women dancing, men in cowboy hats watching soccer on TV, younger folks laughing and drinking, and Macha owning the dance floor. It looks like there may have been a live band earlier that night. There's alcohol, fun music, and it's across the street from Corazon's house. Can't complain. Thanks to my barhopping crew for helping me on my mission! Good times


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home