Friday, May 11, 2007

Lan's #16a: Zinderend


Eindhoven, Netherlands

My entire blogger interface is in Dutch right now...good thing a lot of Dutch words are similar to English. Earlier today, I had dinner at a tapas place...but luckily all of the food titles were in Spanish, so I could kind of figure out what to order.
Anyway, in my week here in Eindhoven, I went to Zinderend twice, since it is one of the few places in Eindhoven open during the weekday (I'm being slightly sarcastic, but not really). They serve small plates, but primarily they are a bar. I had quite a few glasses of Bavaria beer here to pass the time. The one thing they do is fill up the beer with about an inch of head, so two glasses may be just short of a pint.
I also had kangaroo steak here one night...if it wasn't so overcooked it may have tasted better. The chairs outside remind me of the Cingular Wireless logo.
The waiters here are very nice, although one is a VERY close talker and the other one took 10 minutes to notice me (probably because I'm about half the height of your average Dutchman).
One final note: I learned today why the Dutch wear orange uniforms--it is the Royal family's last name (or something like that).

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home