Thursday, January 18, 2007

Lan's #3: Mr. Bing's

Mr Bing's, North Beach/Chinatown

Mr. Bing's
201 Columbus Ave (Cross Street: Pacific Avenue)
San Francisco, CA 94133
(415) 362-1545

B dropped me off in North Beach and I had some time to kill before Angelina arrived. On my way to Impala, I saw Mr. Bing's, which I'd been talking to Ed about earlier this week. With about 20 minutes to kill, I walked in to #9. This is a very divey bar--basically a room with a boomerang shaped bar, TV, and not much else. As I was the only female (and the only asshole in a suit), I didn't order anything fancy as I'm sure if I had ordered anything that required shaking, stirring, or mixing, they'd all have made fun of me. After the bartender (not Mr. Bing*) rattled off all of the beers they served, I settled on a Beck's ($4).

The guy next to me (pictured above in the red shirt) gave me the thumbs up on my beer choice and I was IN. However, I didn't have much time, so I shotgunned my impressively ice cold beer, paid the man, and went outside to wait for Angelina.

* Apparently Mr. Bing is an 80-year-old man who doesn't tend bar regularly anymore. He does still come in on the weekends and he does own the place. Ed mentioned that he may not even be the REAL Mr. Bing...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home