Thursday, January 11, 2007

Lan's #2: The Red Room

Lan @ The Red Room Angelina @ The Red Room


After dinner at Canteen (HH's picks were good, but my entree sucked--black cod with the oddest smushy texture paired with some sort of smushy puree of the same color), we went next door to The Red Room so that I could hit #8, and Angelina could hit #1 for 2007 (HH has already been here). Per its name, everything is red. I tried to order one of their specialty cocktails (Passionfruit Mojito), but the bartender denied me so I got an extra dirty Grey Goose martini instead. The martini was great--my only complaint was my small soggy olives--I prefer the large firm ones.

We were surrounded by whitefolk somewhere around our age range, a girl who couldn't stop coughing, and a guy wearing white pants with a silly jacket tied around his waist (this one bothered HH). The music wasn't too loud, and they played some Goldfrapp (I just bought the album prior to the China trip).

8 down, 42 left to go. Angelina & HH argue that foreign bars don't count and we should only count local bars. However, with 50 to hit up in 2007, I'm counting everything--it'll force me out during my travels too.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home