Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Lan's #1: Nihon Whiskey Lounge

IMG_2531


Went to the Nihon Whiskey Lounge last night with Hubert, his friend John (#4 friend I've ever met, #5 if you count his brother, although HH says that family doesn't count), and Tania. It's a very cozy lounge with a great ambiance--red, candles, wood, plush, and a weird rock-paved floor painted white.

I tried one of their whiskey cocktails (Green something...had apple juice, ginger, Johnny Walker Red, and cinnamon) and then switched over to the Lychee Mermaid (lychee liquer, champagne, fresh lychee, and something that looked like lihing mui). I'm not a big whiskey fan (especially after NYE and that bottle of Famous Grouse), but after this morning, I've come to the realization that whiskey, regardless of the amount, leaves me feeling queasy the next morning. However, I had to try the house special.

We met a guy named Eric and his friend David, who is a regular. He gave me a taste of some 12-year-old scotch. Very smooth, but scotch isn't my thing. As I just had dinner, I didn't order any of the food, but the food that David ordered looked pretty good.

All in all, a nice lounge that seems like there'd be parking even on a busy weekend, since it is a little bit off the beaten path (near Best Buy & Rainbow grocery in the Mission)...and still walking distance to several other bars in SoMa.

7 down, 43 left to go. I'm on good pace!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home