Wednesday, December 13, 2006

New projects for 2007

Now that my huge project at work has wrapped up (I'm no longer working crazy long hours--hooray!) and I'm not training for a marathon, I'm out of hibernation. This means that I once again have the time to see my friends...and start a new project!

First, I must admit that this is not an original idea--I saw it on Yelp! However, I think this is a great way for me to get out more (didn't you read the article that people who drink are better networked?), see my friends, and learn more about the SF bar scene. I know plenty about local restaurants, but not nearly as much about bars--I tend to go to the same handful (or the lovely one across the street).

So...my goal is to try to visit 50 bars that I have never been to in 2007. Can I do it? That's almost one a week...and with GMAT studying running February-April, it may hamper my progress.

We'll see--even if I don't make goal, at least I got to some new bars.

I'll need to figure out some judging criteria--so far, all I've thought of is atmosphere/people, drink price...

And I need to figure out how blogger works so that I can set metatags based on neighborhood so that it is searchable. I should also buy the SF bar guide too...I saw it at Green Apple once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home